Georges River Local Services
Georges River ArticlesGenerally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Georges River site Articles, Login to create your Ads, Articles and Events in any Australian Town or City.
Got something to say? A Great Strategy is to create your content here first and THEN like it to your Social Media Groups. Get it?
Georges River Photo GalleryA Compilation of network Member Photos tagged in Georges River When you ad your Articles, Ads and Events you can Nominate your Photo to appear in a Gallery. Member Photo's will automatically Backlink to your Website or Social Media Services. Generally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Photos and may click through to visit your Business or Community website. A Strategy to boost visitors to your website or service is to write Great Article and include your Photos in a Gallery
Singles and Dating
Georges River Singles and DatingThe Make a Heart service is being developed by the Australian Regional Network for Georges River Residents, you can also try our other Dating Services on this link for 18-25's and Seniors Dating 50+
Georges River ChatRemember the days of the CB Radio? Not many do.. Old Style Chat Rooms accross your Town, State and Nationally.. A Free Service for Georges River and a Place to Meet
The georgesriver.nsw.guide Odd Spot
Interesting facts about Georges River
Interesting Facts about the Georges River Region
- The Georges River is a 96km long river located in New South Wales, Australia, and is surrounded by suburbs such as Liverpool, Hurstville, and Bankstown.
- The river was named after King George III by British explorer Captain Cook during his visit to the area in 1770.
- Before European settlement, the Georges River was a vital water source for the Aboriginal people of the Eora Nation, who lived in the region for thousands of years.
- The Georges River is home to various species of fish, including bream, flathead, mullet, and luderick, making it a popular spot for recreational fishing.
- In the early 20th century, the Georges River was used for commercial activities such as oyster farming and timber transportation.
- Georges River National Park is a protected area that spans over 410 hectares of land along the Georges River. The park includes picnic areas, walking trails, and expansive views of the river and surrounding bushland.
- The Georges River is also a popular destination for boating and water sports, with several boat ramps and marinas located along its length.
- Despite its location in a highly urbanized area, the Georges River remains an important ecological corridor that supports a diverse range of flora and fauna.
- The surrounding suburbs of the Georges River region boast various cultural attractions, including the Casula Powerhouse Arts Centre and Hurstville Museum & Gallery.
- In recent years, the Georges River Council has undertaken various initiatives to preserve and enhance the natural beauty of the river and its surrounding areas, including bush regeneration and eco-friendly development projects.