Georges River Visitor Information
Georges River - Visitor Information
About Georges River
Georges River is a beautiful waterway located in the south-western suburbs of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. It stretches from the inner city suburb of Woolloomooloo all the way down to the southern suburbs of Sydney, and forms a natural border between the city of Sydney and the Sutherland Shire area. The river is approximately 96 kilometers long and is widely used for recreational activities such as fishing, boating, kayaking, and swimming.
Things to Do
If you are looking for things to do in or around Georges River, there are plenty of options available. Some of the most popular activities include:
- Fishing: Georges River is home to a variety of fish species, including bream, flathead, whiting, and mulloway. There are plenty of fishing spots available along the river, and fishing charters are also available.
- Boating: Boating is a great way to explore the river and its surroundings. There are plenty of boat ramps available, as well as boat hire services and guided tours.
- Kayaking and Canoeing: Georges River is perfect for kayaking and canoeing, with calm waters and beautiful scenery. There are plenty of kayak and canoe hire services available, as well as guided tours.
- Swimming: There are several swimming spots along Georges River, with some of the most popular ones being Carss Park and Oatley Park.
- Bushwalking: There are several bushwalking tracks located near Georges River, providing a great opportunity to experience the local flora and fauna.
Places to Visit
If you are looking to explore the area around Georges River, there are plenty of places to visit. Some of the most popular ones include:
- Carss Park: Carss Park is a beautiful park located on the banks of Georges River, offering stunning views of the waterway. It features picnic areas, playgrounds, and a swimming enclosure.
- Oatley Park: Oatley Park is a large nature reserve located on the western banks of Georges River. It features bushwalking tracks, picnic areas, and a playground.
- Georges River National Park: Georges River National Park is located on the eastern banks of the river, and features bushwalking tracks, picnic areas, and scenic lookouts.
- Kareela Golf Course: Kareela Golf Course is a popular golf course located near Georges River, offering a challenging course and stunning views of the waterway.
Georges River can be accessed by public transport, car, or boat. There are several train and bus stations located near the river, with the closest ones being Kogarah, Hurstville, and Sutherland. If you are driving, there are several parking areas available near the river. If you are coming by boat, there are several boat ramps and marinas available along the river.
Visit Georges River
Georges River is a beautiful waterway located in the south-western suburbs of Sydney, offering a wide range of recreational activities and places to visit. Whether you are looking for fishing, boating, kayaking, swimming, or bushwalking, there is something for everyone at Georges River.